We take pride in ensuring that your pool is safe until next season. And unlike our competitors, we will not charge you for extras like chemicals, skimming and vacuuming debris. When we leave, your pool is ready for the winter and will be clean for next season.
Your pool opening will include (with no extra charge)
- skimming and light vacuuming to get rid of leaves, twigs, worms and other fall debris using our pumps to prevent blockage in your lines*
- pumping down the water
- removing ladders, rails and diving board and storing them in your shed or garage
- winterizing pool fountains, slides and other accessories
- thoroughly blow out the lines (from the pump to the pool to eliminate the need for anti-freeze which itself becomes a freeze risk when mixed with water)
- winterizing your pump, filter, chlorinator
- shock the pool with 10L of liquid chlorine
- add algaecide
Before we arrive, it is best to get your swimming pool winter ready by doing a water test and balancing the water at least 72 hours in advance. It’s a good idea to add 10L of chlorine at this time.
*it is best to clean your pool the day before (depending on leaf fall and the amount of debris already in the pool). The pool closing includes a light-vacuum and is intended to clean up what has fallen into the pool overnight and that day. Green pools cannot be cleaned up on the day of closing.
We serve Peterborough, Lakefield, Selwyn, Ennismore, Bridgenorth, Young’s Point, Curve Lake, Omemee, Millbrook and more. Contact us for more information.